Scandinavian Network of Excellence
Software Configuration Management
Configuration Management Coffee Meeting
Time: Thursday, January 20th, 2022, 15:30-16:30 (CET).
Place: video conferencing at your own computer.
Title: The expectations on the CM expert in a DevOps-practicing organization
Host: Christian Pendleton, Curious Island
In this CMCM, I would like to explore the expectations on the CM expert in DevOps-practicing
organizations by discussing the following questions:
- How do we motivate CM in a DevOps-practicing organization?
- In a more traditional waterfall oriented organization, we usually just need to motivate
our existence to the line managers and project managers. In a DevOps practicing organization,
each team has a much higher grade of authority to decide how to work and we have to "sell
ourselves" to the teams as well.
- How do we explain the value of Identification, Configuration Control, Configuration Audit,
Status Accounting and Release Management for the teams?
- What will the teams, the line managers, the project manager, the product owner, the customer,
the scrum master etc expect from me in a DevOps practicing organization?
- Do we need a different competence profile than in a waterfall oriented organization?
- What do I need to do differently when we practice DevOps?
A good basis for the discussions would be to study chapter 4 in the white paper about SCM in a DevOps
context. You can find it here:
Registration is mandatory by email to Lars Bendix